Senior Exit Survey
Academy Application/Enrollment Procedures
- Current Academy Students: Need not reapply to the Academies (no matter if they are In-Zone or Out of Zone).
- In-Zone Academy Students: If the student is within their zoned High School and desires to be within an Academy, they will be placed into their desired Academy.
- Out of Zone Students: Should apply online at polkacademies.com to be considered for an Academy. The window for Spring applications begins on Monday, March 19th at 7:00am and ends on Monday, April 2nd at 5:00pm. Parents will receive a response letter by email from Christina Sparr by April 10th.
*IMPORTANT* The Polk County School District is preparing to release official acceptance notifications/invitations for the 2018-19 school year for Polk Career Academies on Friday, March 2nd. This will cover all programs (listed at www.PolkEdOptions.com).
ALL notifications/invitations should be presented to the schools by Monday, March 19th to reserve their spot for the 2018-19 School year
The second application window will be open after Spring Break. Applications may be submitted at www.polkacademies.com.
- Development of higher-order critical thinking skills
- Technology in the classroom
- Business, community, and education partnerships
- Cultivation of exceptional reading and writing skills
- Cooperative, project-based and problem-based learning
- Field trips, guest lectures, and other stimulating activities
- Scholarships not available to general academic students
- Job shadowing experience
- Hands-on skills training
- The possibility to earn college credit
- Eligibility for national certification exam
- Create a supportive learning environment
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Involve community healthcare leaders and businesses in the learning process
- Cultivate excellent reading and writing skills
- Provide the knowledge and skills to enter a healthcare career upon graduation
- Inspire more graduates to advance to college
- Improve academic achievement
- Incorporate technology into the classroom
- Integrate curriculum between career and academic courses
- Emphasize cooperative and project bases learning
- Empower students with a sense of professionalism and individual accountability
- Recruit a diverse student population